PLEASE BE SURE TO APPLY THROUGH OUR BAMBOO HR LINK, APPLICATIONS ON HANDSHAKE MAY NOT BE EVALUATED IN A TIMELY MANNER.
The Take-off Technician creates Takeoff’s for Elite’s Bid packages per the requirements set in the client’s Bid proposal. Review and update estimating documents and folder associated with the bidding process. Provide assistance to the estimating team for any and all duties such as delivery of bid documents.
- Good time management skills
- Ability to effectively represent the company and communicate with others are varying technical levels
- Good documentation skills
- Creativity and initiative
- Sales and negotiations experience
- Computer takeoff skills, including Civil Image, Agtek, Carlson or similar
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Drafting, Architecture, Graphic Design, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar majors preferred but not required.
Take-Off Technicians report to Jr. Estimator and or Sr. Estimators.
• Completes daily tasks assigned per bid log spreadsheet.
• Communicates with Project Estimator on quantities needed for trades during bidding.
• Review, understand, and apply document requirements provided in bid folders including grading plans (finish this up)
• Document and save all emails pertaining in addendum's, RFI’s, and any Bid communication.
• Monitor bid hosting websites such as Bid mail, Building connected, etc… to make sure no new documents are needed or posted.
• Perform quantity takeoffs using Bluebeam Agtek and other equitable programs.
• Update and complete Elite’s custom bid form spreadsheet.
• Update and maintain current standard operating procedures for Job position.
Salary will be calculated by evaluating education, experience in the industry, and specific job experience. Salaries listed on our careers page are for a perfectly qualified candidate and are not guaranteed to each applicant.