Heavy Equipment Operator
PLEASE BE SURE TO APPLY THROUGH OUR BAMBOO HR LINK, APPLICATIONS ON HANDSHAKE MAY NOT BE EVALUATED IN A TIMELY MANNER.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elite Earthworks and Engineering (EEE) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: EEE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at EEE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EEE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. EEE encourages applicants of all ages.
The function of an Operator is to operate heavy and light equipment to perform work as directed, completing tasks safely, accurately, and efficiently, according to plans.
- Able to read or learn to read survey stakes, blueprints, drawings, and grade markers
- Able to learn, utilize, and train on company hand signals.
- Wear mandated Personal Protection Equipment including safety boots, safety vest, gloves, uniform, and eye protection. (Prescription eye protection may be reimbursable)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience operating heavy machinery is required. Some of the equipment utilized by Elite Earthworks include, front end loaders, skid steers, bobcats, bulldozers, scrapers, skip loaders, watering trucks, water pulls, and many more.
- A minimum of two (2) years of heavy construction, grading, demolition, and building construction is required.
The Operator reports to the Grade Checker, Foreman, or Field Superintendent.
The following are principal authorities granted to the Operator:
- Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position. This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and/or duties.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with the Elite Earthworks code of conduct.
- Create a positive work environment and attitude building supportive morale
- Document "lessons learned" and share with other employees, as appropriate.
- Enforce and adhere to ethical business practices.
- Enforce and adhere to the codes of the company's Mission Statement.
- Identify any issues to superior (document if possible).
- Perform other duties as directed by the Grade Checker.
- Report and correct unsafe working conditions.
- Assist with interviewing and testing new employees as required.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Assist in pipe laying operation.
- Assist with, or execute, minor equipment repairs, including hoses, filters, fluid changes, cutting edges, etc.
- Inspect all equipment for breakdowns daily.
- Maintain all tools, repairing or replacing tools as required.
- Operate rollers, loaders, watertrucks, dozers, and other types of operated equipment.
- Perform basic machine maintenance, including fluid checks, oil and lube, greasing, etc. and mechanical repairs, daily and/or as necessary.
- Read and understand stakes.
- Work with lasers while operating equipment.
- Report all equipment problems to supervisor.
- Use all equipment properly and ensure safe work habits.
- Take advantage of opportunities to promote EEE in order to generate interest in the company.