Mechanical Engineer - Mechanics R&D
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is a solutions-oriented research, development and manufacturing organization founded in 1986. Our mission is to develop and implement emerging technologies into military and private sector products that provide a technological advantage. Areas of expertise include thermal control, energy conversion, turbo-machinery, chemical technology and materials science. Visit our website www.mainstream-engr.com for more details about our firm.
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is seeking hands-on R&D engineers to contribute to a diverse set of mechanics projects involving such topics as: compressors, turbines, pumps, engines, generators, and components for these systems. We specialize in high-speed, high-power density systems for high-value markets including defense and aerospace.
We are interested in applicants at B.S. and M.S. degree levels with specific experience or interest in, but not limited to, any of the following areas:
- Mechanical/CAD design experience (proficient with Inventor to generate 3D models, assemblies, drawings)
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory setting, with sensor and instrumentation experience
- Problem solvers who identify innovative solutions to real world problems; applicants must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in groups
- Design for manufacturing: machined parts, metal forming, molding, additive manufacturing, rapid-prototyping
- Product development and product release
- LabVIEW (programming, wiring, instrumentation, and data acquisition)
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- GPA > 3.3 at all degree levels
- U.S. Citizenship required due to U.S. Government ITAR restrictions
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor 2014 or newer (preferred)
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009) for manufacturing (preferred)
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply via the external application.
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Mainstream Engineering Corporation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Mike Boyle in Human Resources at 321-631-3550 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority referrals of protected veterans welcome