Facility Manager (Foreign Service)
Become a Foreign Service Facility Manager. Apply through August 31 – visit USAJobs.gov
Join the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) in
providing safe, secure, sustainable and functional facilities that support diplomacy
throughout the world.
As a Facility Manager and operations expert, you will deliver a wide range of building-related services at assigned posts abroad. You will also manage physical resources and direct asset management operations. Your specialized experience will include managing large aspects of commercial/residential buildings and related building systems to include: water treatment, building automation systems, chiller plants and air handling units, electrical power generation, power distribution, physical building structures, landscaping, and more. Facility Managers are responsible for the supervision of over 6,500 local employees around the world.
As a member of the Foreign Service, you will build relationships with the local community and represent the United States of America on the world stage.
The following is required:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of Specialized Experience OR Master’s Degree with 2 years, OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management or Facility Engineering with no experience
• Worldwide Availability
• U.S. Citizenship
• Between 21-59 years of age to be appointed (veterans excepted)
In return for your service, you will receive the following benefits:
• Paid housing while abroad
• Paid K-12 education for dependent children overseas
• Federal retirement (pension and TSP (401K) matching), life and health insurance
• Starting salaries ranging from $70,009 to $111,493, not including allowances
• Cost of living adjustments, hardship pay, and danger pay depending on assignment
• Student loan repayment program
• Training and career development
To learn more, please visit https://careers.state.gov/obo/
To apply, please visit USAJobs.gov https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569471600
Applications are due August 31. Please follow the instructions in the vacancy announcement and ensure that you upload your transcript(s), provide complete responses to the accomplishments questionnaire questions (mini-essays) and draft a thoughtful statement of interest.
Questions? Send an email to FMRecruiting@state.gov
Please note that the State Department issues three Facility Manager job announcements a year. To be informed when the next one opens, please sign up here.
· Twitter: twitter.com/state_obo
· Facebook: facebook.com/stateobo
· LinkedIn: linkedin.com/showcase/usdos-obo
· Instagram: Instagram.com/state_obo