Mgr., Quality Systems Consumer Feedback
The Manager, Quality Systems Consumer Feedback is responsible for managing direct reports within the Quality Systems Consumer Feedback team, ensuring compliance with quality policies and Standard Operating Procedures, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops staff through feedback, coaching, counseling and support. Supports goal setting, administers performance appraisals, and conducts interviews for new candidates.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all tasks relating to Consumer Complaint investigations. Monitors trends in complaint data and escalates to site Quality, Technical Services, and Regulatory teams as needed to facilitate root cause analysis. Drives product improvements partnering with Product Development, Procurement, and Brand.
- Leads and/or supports investigations through Root Cause Analysis and effective Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA). Evaluates data using statistical tools.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for complaints participating in audits and inspections by certifying agencies and regulatory bodies such as FDA, USP, and UL.
- Serves as the point of contact for private label customers for all consumer complaints and testing deviations. Partners with Global Analytical Services and Global Specifications teams to troubleshoot established testing methodologies and specifications.
- Responsible for the development and distribution of monthly complaint data and KPI metrics to senior management & internal business partners.
- Responsible for the generation of formal responses for private label and International customers as well as certifying agencies in response to product inquiries and complaints reported.
- Responsible for the submittal of all Medwatch documentation to the FDA in alignment with Serious Adverse Event reporting requirements.
- Partners with the Operations, Technical Services, R&D, Brand, International and Regulatory teams to execute and facilitate site initiatives in pursuit of business objectives and targets.
- Demonstrates leadership through a commitment to communication, work habits and be fully competent in all aspects of a wide variety of processes including maintaining safety, troubleshooting/problem solving, decision making, organizing/planning, NBTY core behaviors, administrative, quality appraisals, sampling plans, manufacturing audits/process audits, statistical techniques, production control systems, manufacturing document review and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Science related field required
- HACCP certification preferred
- ASQ CQE or CQM preferred
- 5+ years food, dietary supplement or nutraceutical business with management experience required
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lead, train, motivate and work within a team required
- SQF practitioner / FSSC/ BRC/ ISO experience preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory and GXP compliance requirements such as 21 CFR Part 111, HACCP, HARPC, required
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems e.g. HACCP, cGMP required
- Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- AS400 knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of auditing techniques and quality toolkit – problem solving, basic statistics, investigations, corrective/ preventive actions required
- Potential for up to 10% travel
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.