Sr. Packaging Engineer
The Senior Packaging Engineer drives package solutions to fuel growth and innovation for The Nature's Bounty Co.’s portfolio of products. The role provides Packaging Technical Leadership from concept development through commercialization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Development and Consumer Sciences to develop concepts with appropriate package solutions that enable shelf differentiation and delight consumers
- Conduct feasibility assessments based on aligned concept, focusing on packaging attributes, costs, timelines and probability of success
- Develop technical briefs detailing packaging attributes to inform Procurement and Operations needs
- Co-lead identification of 3rd party co-manufacturers with External Procurement & Product Development
- Lead development of packaging formats (primary, secondary, etc.) with key suppliers and co-manufacturers
- Conduct line trials and distribution testing
- Partner with QA on defect AQL
- Influence cross-functional partners on risk management and mitigation plans to keep product launch on time
- Proactively communicate updates on technical progress to project team members and supervisor
- Lead development of Sales Samples
- Develop and issue packaging specifications
- Co-lead production startup with Product Development
- Travel approximately 25% under normal conditions
- 3+ years of technical package development in a CPG company is required, i.e. Food / Beverage, Personal Care
- Proven track record of developing and launching new, innovative, and business building Consumer package solutions
- Exposure to e-commerce and Club development and testing preferred
- Well versed in rigid and flexible packaging
- BS Degree required; major in Packaging or related, i.e. Industrial Technology, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering, preferred
- Broad understanding of the fundamentals of Packaging Development
- Strong communication skills and able to work with various levels of the organization
- Advanced PC skills: Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, PLM Specifications systems and TOPS/CAPE
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-200-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.