Associate Transportation Engineer
Parsons Corporation ready to put your civil engineer skills to work on marquee road and highway design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Do you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of civil engineering tasks on large scale, transportation projects? Parsons is now hiring a Junior Civil Engineer for our Infrastructure practice to support road, highway, and rail & transit projects for our rapidly expanding work for Caltrans and other clients located in both our Irvine and San Diego, California offices.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
In this position you will perform road and highway geometrics design, and layouts design for transit projects, and civil engineering calculations and analysis. You will be tasked with geometric layout, construction specification development and material quantity calculations. You will utilize either Microstation, GEOPAK or AutoCAD software and interface with CAD designers, as well as other engineers and subcontractors. In addition, you may assist in field inspections and the preparation of inspection reports. Keys to your success will be your civil engineering acumen and road and highway background. This is an entry level/ junior level role. You will be supporting multiple Caltrans projects in the Southern California districts. This position is open to new or recent graduates with a Civil/Structural Engineering degree.
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) is required.
- 0-2 years or more of related work experience.
- In addition, an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is preferred.
- Requires basic process engineering knowledge, as well as a working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering.