Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Project Engineer can change yours.
As a Project Engineer, your key responsibilities will be to serve as a spring board to a career path of: Project Management or Estimating. Demonstrate understanding of how the business runs, how changing circumstances are handled and who to contact when there are questions. Less direction will be given but the expectation to execute on tasks and timelines will remain. This position will be project based, for the next 2 years work will be in the state of California. After that time, work could be anywhere with the continental US.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy collaborating with outside federal/state agencies on project status
- You like tracking material, production, costs and maintaining project schedules
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, 1-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination
- Must possess a valid driver license for they type(s) of vehicles which may be driven with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel and be project based