Assistant Project Manager - Distribution Pipeline
Building the nation’s oil and gas transmission and distribution networks isn’t easy, but it is rewarding. Michels is one of the largest and most accomplished energy contractors in North America, a reputation we earned by providing safe, reliable services to our customers. Whether we are building hundreds of miles of mainline or maintaining the integrity of an in-town distribution system, our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As a Project Engineer, your key responsibility will be to serve as a team member associated with project support. It is your responsibility to track and document material, production, and project costs, as well as maintain project schedule tracking. You will learn how the business runs, how changing circumstances are handled and who to contact when there are questions. It is essential to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Critical for success are the abilities to work independently and as a part of a team, meet deadlines, and anticipate and meet internal customer needs.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You exceed in your ability to handle multiple projects at once
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field (equivalent years of related experience also acceptable)
- 0-2 years of construction field based or related experience
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record