Project Engineer - Pipeline Facilities
Building the nation’s oil and gas transmission and distribution networks isn’t easy, but it is rewarding. Michels is one of the largest and most accomplished energy contractors in North America, a reputation we earned by providing safe, reliable services to our customers. Whether we are building hundreds of miles of mainline or maintaining the integrity of an in-town distribution system, our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As a Project Engineer, your key responsibilities will be to provide project support for all aspects of pipeline construction, understand the terms and scope of the contract as it applies to the project, and to track material, production, and project costs, and provide documentation to the Project Manager. This position will be project based and could be anywhere within the Continental United States.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You exceed in your ability to handle multiple projects at once
What it takes:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Prior Internship or Full-Time experience working in a construction field based or related role
- Experience with job cost tracking software, estimating software, and Primavera (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Travel (must have the ability to commit to long term onsite projects)