At Vispero, you will be part of a global team creating products that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is a world’s leading assistive technology provider for visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments without a degradation of work quality and provide a friendly customer-oriented approach.
The position of Configuration Management Engineer (Builds Engineer) provides tools management, build automation support, configuration management and partners with software engineering to produce clean, consistent and repeatable builds for our assistive technology software and hardware products.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is diligent and quality-oriented while being able to meet target dates. You must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Detail oriented with ability to pay attention to minute details for a project or task
- Self-motivated with the ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of your ability using your own drive or initiative
- Motivated and quick learner able to work independently and as a team member
- Ethical and can demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Able to work both independently and in team environment
- Accountable to accept responsibility for your actions
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy
- Enthusiastic about technology
- Enjoys developing software tools and scripts
- Team Player
- Works closely with Software Engineering management and builds team to determine process improvements and prioritize tool development
- Works with other software engineers to train and support development
- Works with documentation, tech support, engineering and IT to provide support for issue tracking and source control tools
- Works with software engineers to ensure use of proper source control methodologies
- Manages installation, testing and support of various tools used within software engineering organization, namely source control, issue tracking, wiki and build management tools
- Responsible for development, augmentation, maintenance and management of build automation systems
- Creates tools and systems based on specifications and consultation with manager, software engineers, and system test
- Maintains and manages license keys for core tools used by builds team and software engineering
- Writes and maintains documentation of designs and changes to processes and tools
- Occasional off hours and weekend work for maintenance of tools and critical builds
- Able to consult with others to gather information about build issues and project intents
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures with the computer science field
- Ability to rely on instructions and preestablished guidelines to perform job function
- Possess the ability to design and write code with progressively increasing responsibilities pertaining to software activities, procedures and practices
- Keeps up with trends in continuous integration and improvement
- Keeps up with best practices in software building and source control
- Competency Statement(s)
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others via email, Skype, phone and in-person.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Skills, Abilities, Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Ability to lean and efficiently utilize new scripting languages quickly
- Understanding of source control tools
- Understanding of the process of building and packaging software applications
- Experience configuring and utilizing Linux and Windows OS’s
- Understanding of use and generation of virtual machines
- Knowledge of configuration and use of Perforce VCS
- Knowledge of configuration and use of Git
- Understanding and ability use SQL
- Knowledge of any of the following scripting languages: Power Shell, C#, batch, bash
Job Type: Full-time