Associate Civil Engineer - Document Control (Open)
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering skills to the next level to work on an exciting and challenging project that will make a huge impact on the community and great experience for you? Parsons is now hiring an Associate Civil Engineer I in Indianapolis, IN to work on a Billion-dollar design build opportunity!
The I-69 Section 6, Contract 5 Design Build Best Value in Marion and Johnson Counties in Indiana involves full reconstruction and conversion of a portion of existing State Road 37 to interstate standards, full reconstruction and widening to provide added travel lanes on a portion of I-465, the conversion of at-grade crossings to interchanges or overpasses, reconstruction and construction of local access roads, reconfiguring of existing interchanges, and a new system interchange for I-69 and I-465.
The Project will improve the safety and operations of the corridor and includes 45 new or replacement bridges, 4 rehabilitation or preventative maintenance bridges, and replacement of approximately 168 lane miles of pavement.
I-69 is a nationally significant corridor, serving the Midwest and United States in two directions. Parsons is working as advisor to INDOT, developing preliminary design, procurement, and final design review.
- Collaborate with senior engineering staff to complete design reviews, including confirmation of comment resolution and appropriate agency engagement
- Work directly with management to develop procedural team requirements for official project document organization and management through design development
- Work at the Project office, collaborating with the design team and client on a daily basis
- Attend Project meetings and provide updates to management regarding status of project submittals
- Collaborate with engineers, client, and stakeholder reviewers to manage changes through design iterations
- Complete a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials
- Prepare standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs
- Review submittals for complete, accurate, and conformance with specifications
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field) and 2+ years of related industry work experience.
Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to procedural requirements.