Water Resources Design Engineer-Tampa, FL
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Responsible for engineering design using knowledge of general engineering principles and practices to interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments. Sponsorship not available for this position.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Perform design computations and alternative studies
- Prepares engineering documents and reports for design and construction
- Design projects in accordance with client specifications and guidelines, using design software and drawing tools
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure project completion by the defined deadline and established quality
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from ABET accredited engineering program
- 0-4 years’ experience in Water Resources Engineering
- Engineer-in-training certification
- Related experience in stormwater design, land development, and transportation engineering
- Experienced in discipline specific design software: MicroStation, AutoCAD, InROADS, OpenROADS, GeoPAK Drainage, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, HY-8
- Experience working with local clients at the county and state level
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.