Engineering Plans Reviewer
Associate in Engineering 2 – Plans Reviewer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Region 1
Are you pursuing a career in engineering? Do you want to use your technical expertise to tackle transportation-related challenges? Our team in Region 1 is looking for a plans reviewer to work under the direction of a professional engineer and perform permit plan reviews, quality control, and tort claim response. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Under the direction of a professional engineer, review development permit plans, local agency projects, utility plans and traffic design/traffic control plans.
- Review roadway and traffic features for compliance with various manuals and standards.
- Advise property owners, contractors and others on standards and policies.
- Assist ODOT engineers by analyzing projects and proposing design and engineering solutions. Apply technical expertise to bicycle/pedestrian issues on project teams.
- Maintain a GIS database file for all permits in the region.
- Support the technical center’s permit plan review. This involves tracking permit reviews, collecting comments from other reviewers, coordinating with maintenance districts, compiling estimates of review hours, preparing cost reimbursement authorization memos and developing GIS mapping of permit limits.
- Prepare weekly status report of ongoing permit plan reviews and tort claims.
- Research information to respond to tort claims. Prepare responses for supervising engineers regarding public records requests and other inquiries.
- Perform quality assurance for region technical center and report findings.
- Work will be performed in an office environment. May perform field visits and be subject to hazards of terrain, traffic, weather and construction. May be required to travel.
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules and competitive benefits packages. Click here to visit our full benefits website.
- Multimodal ride sharing! Get There is Oregon’s easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner that will get you where you need to go.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click HERE to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
For questions, please call 503-480-5181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org