Industrial Engineering Supervisor II
The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor serves as the engineering subject matter expert for the original process development, implementation, training, and deployment for large scale new customer projects. He/She provides project management support to multiple highly complex new customer solutions. The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor is a senior Industrial Engineer with experience in work measurement, methods and procedures, operations research, finance, information system modeling, statistical analysis, and sight layout design in a distribution environment. This position may coordinate work of other engineers, and supervises others within the department.
The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor assumes project management responsibilities to facilitate completion of new business solution projects. He/She coordinates with other internal business groups on deals involving multiple projects to ensure an effective solution is developed. This position confers with cross-functional teams to determine project feasibility. The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor works with the operations, sales, finance and IT management team to design and price a new business solution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists with validation of planned versus actual results for a new business implementation
- Provides assistance with project deliverables to ensure scope and design are accurate
- Conducts surveys to identify improvement for recent solution projects
- Assists in development of design plans (i.e., detailed plan, account profiles, and system functionality) to transition information to implementation team
Knowledge and Skills
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer’s business; understands how business needs dictate the customer’s requirements, operational design, business objectives and makes decisions on the solutions-design phase of the project
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge: Specifies facts, research, and perspectives necessary to make projections; analyzes statistics and qualitative information within specified parameters; researches trends and conditions used to make projections
- Physical Assets Management: Applies a working knowledge of physical asset design and assessment, including financial and operational impact; calculates the value or depreciation of standard physical assets; identifies problems with physical assets and/or potential concerns with the selection of certain type of assets to help reduce the cost to serve the customer
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding project plans, and one's role within a project; participates in the design of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Design: Identifies common problems with current work designs; specifies requirements for new work designs; modifies or adjusts existing work methods, processes, and flows to resolve operations failures
- Project Management experience – Preferred
- Experience supervising others – Preferred
- Two years of relevant work experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) or be a current UPS employee with three years of UPS experience
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.