Immediate hire! Infection Prevention and Control Specialist -Hartford, CT
Salary Range: $100,000.00 To $100,000.00 (USD) Annually
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL SPECIALIST – HARTFORD, CT
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Infection Prevention and Control Specialist to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Join state surveyors on infection control monitoring visits to nursing homes, dialysis facilities, and other healthcare facilities to provide IPC technical assistance
• Provide IPC education to state surveyors, and update state surveyors on most recent CDC guidance
• Provide additional training to healthcare professionals via webinars and compilation of guidance/visual aids
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
• Clinical experience required. Either Physician OR Nurse with CIC (Certified in Infection Control).
• Experience training healthcare personnel and work in a public health agency desired