Immediate hire! Infection Prevention and Control Specialist -Columbia, SC
Salary Range: $52,000.00 To $52,000.00 (USD) Annually
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
This position will be a member of the regional Infection Control and Prevention Team. The team will conduct site assessments and work closely with facility leadership to implement CDC and DHEC guidelines and best practices. Location is Columbia, South Carolina.
• Assist with providing guidance to health care facilities related to infection prevention and control
• Develop guidance documents
• Conduct interviews with healthcare facility personnel
• Compile infection data and generate reports.
• Travel in SC may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
• RN/BSN or MPH; 3+ years’ experience in Infectious Disease.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Accredited Nursing program.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nursing for South Carolina or a compact state.
• Computer experience required (Excel preferred).
• Communicate effectively (oral and written)
• Interview skills
• Work in a team setting
• Infection Control Certification preferred.