Immediate hire! Infection Preventionist - NC
Salary Range: $77,373.00 To $77,373.00 (USD) Annually
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
• This senior level staff will be added to current Department staff to support infection prevention, epidemiology, and outbreak management for COVID-19 response.
• Direct and coordinate Department staff providing infection prevention expertise in all types of settings in response to COVID-19 outbreaks.
• Assist in liaising with State Unified Incident Command Structure and regional Department staff directly involved in COVID-19 response.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
• Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution
• Five (5) years of experience in the program area of assignment, including two years of program coordination/supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in infection prevention and outbreak management of communicable diseases.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of State and Federal standards, certifying and accrediting bodies, guidelines, and regulations applicable to area of assignment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and provide consultation to nursing and medical staff, patients and families, professional colleagues, State/Federal partners, and the general public on applied infection prevention principles, disease processes, and outbreak management.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, external partners, and the general public.
• Ability to organize, develop and conduct formal training programs.
• Ability to train, supervise and coordinate the work of others in the operational area.
• Familiarity with data management systems.
• Certification in Infection Control preferred.