Research Assistant - Mechanical Engineering Graduate Student Position
The Dynamic Photo-Mechanics Laboratory at the University of Rhode Island is looking for full-time graduate research students who will be working on structural dynamics experimentation research starting in January 2021 (Spring Semester - preferred) or June 2021 (Summer Semester). This position is fully funded by D.o.D. grants and will require the student to perform research involving fluid-structure interactions and the experimentation of shock and impact events while taking graduate level courses towards a M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics.
- A B.S./M.S. degree (or equivalent) in Engineering by December 2020.
- Wants to pursue a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Rhode Graduate School.
- A strong background in structural mechanics, experimental and theoretical mechanics, and data analysis.
- Experience with experimental research equipment such as data acquisition systems.
- Experience with programming in MATLAB.
- Strong motivation to perform cutting-edge research and to publish research articles.
- Strong aptitude to constantly collaborate with others.
- Permanent U.S. Residency (this is required for funding on specific D.o.D. projects; please indicate if you meet this qualification).
- U.S. Citizenship (this is preferred for funding on specific D.o.D. projects; please indicate if you meet this qualification).