Housekeeping Internship - Fall 2020
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
We pride ourselves on being a great training property as our rotations and opportunities available to Interns to experience to further their growth and development might have taken years to accomplish otherwise.
Our Housekeeping Interns will be based at our Resort at three properties: our Main Hotel, Bretton Arms Inn, and Lodge and Townhomes. Students that complete their internship with our Resort will be given the opportunity to learn from hospitality professionals in a variety of settings.
- Intern will be hired on as a Seasonal Associate, as Omni Hotels & Resorts does not hire unpaid interns.
- Ability to gain experience in multiple departments for a well-rounded internship including Housekeeping at three different properties, Front Office Operations, Room Controlling, Guest Services, Reservations, PBX, and more.
- Intern must be flexible in schedule and location, and open-minded as this is an experience-focused internship to gain exposure to the Housekeeping, Rooms Department, Front Office, Hotels and Resorts, and Hospitality Industry.
- Schedules are distributed weekly to associates and may include a variety of shifts including daytime and evening shifts.
- Shift location and times will depend on the business demands.
- Both Seasonal Semester internships and Year Round internships are available, start date and end date is very flexible
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must have flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- On property dormitory rooms or off campus premium apartments are based on availability.
- Please inquire for more info.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.