Construction Engineering Intern
Parsons’ construction capabilities complement our engineering and design experience by delivering innovative, safe, and sustainable civil infrastructure around the world. We employ construction professionals with expertise in delivering major highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, rail, and water and wastewater treatment plants. In today’s rapidly evolving alternative project delivery and design-build markets, Parsons offers extraordinary career opportunities based on our existing projects and backlog; financial strength; bonding capacity; and inclusive design, construction engineering, and construction services — all under one roof. Parsons constructs world-class infrastructure.
Under direction of a degreed engineer, performs a variety of basic to moderately-difficult construction engineering support assignments requiring a fundamental knowledge of drafting standards, construction practices, and engineering basics. The incumbent at this level typically completes tasks related to the development of construction means and methods, field construction operations, or engineering for temporary works. Assignments are designed to develop a practical knowledge of equipment, methods, business processes, and their interrelationships within the construction engineering discipline.
- Ability to read and understand / inquire about Parsons Safety policies.
- Ability to attend and implement safety "toolbox meeting" and Activity Hazard Analysis.
- Observe field operations crews on job safety walk on a regular basis.
- Assist in compliance to Parsons Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs.
- Assist with Reporting, tracking, and resolving non conformance issues in coordination with QA/QC.
- Ability to read and understand / inquire about environmental management plan.
- Assist in the review of task budget and track productivities.
- Assist in productivity trend chart development.
- Assist in the review of shop drawings and specifications.
- Review submittals against specifications.
- Ability to read and understand / inquire about work plans for the construction activities.
- Implement of basic survey, layout, and field measurements.
- Create and track RFls.
- Initiate field design change requisitions.
- Update "as built" drawings.
- Develop, track, and assist in the completion of punch list items
- Assist in soliciting vendor pricing and analysis
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Incumbent must be enrolled in an Engineering curriculum at an accredited college or university and have completed at least one year of studies in a major Engineering discipline (e.g., Civil, Construction, Mechanical, etc.).
- Requirements include PC literacy (knowledge of Windows Office Systems; particularly in Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.), a working knowledge of AutoCAD (preferred)
- Ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Ability to prepare clear and concise oral and written communications