Engineering Business Development Intern (HQ - Olathe, KS - Summer 2021)
We are looking for a full time Engineering Business Development Intern for our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas.
- Internally support Garmin’s global external 3rd party partnerships by supporting EBD various projects, research businesses, brand reporting & analysis and exposure to partner contracts including the supporting systems.
- Utilize business skills to learn about new technology partnerships, support creation of unique business models, and exposure in development of strategic partnerships including exposure to internal cross functional areas (e.g. engineering, marketing, finance, technical publication, etc.)
- Participation in development & creation of new partner outreach pitch deck presentations. Exposure in building a sales presentation to external company to pitch doing business with Garmin.
- Become a key contributor to the team by analyzing new and current contracts in order to provide key input to critical contractual commitments (e.g. renewal timelines, commitment, sales monitoring, etc.) Learning of fundamentals of a licensing agreement and how to dissect technology licensing agreements.
- Review existing business processes and practices in order to recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation
- Work with team members to establish project schedules and assist with collaboration across departments as needed to facilitate adherence to deadlines and achieve departmental goals tied to contractual requirements.
Qualified candidates for this role will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline with an emphasis in Finance or Marketing or a field relevant to perform the essential functions of this job description
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0)
- Demonstrates a keen interest and experience in the fast paced consumer electronics, technology and mobile markets
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision and exercise sound independent judgment
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Must possess excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexibility and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential company matters
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.