Engineering Intern (Waukegan, IL)- Summer 2021
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is based out of our manufacturing site in Waukegan, IL. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
Engineering Interns will work directly with senior engineers and focus on projects assigned from upper management. The scope of work could include work measurements and standards, process improvements, facilities planning and design, product design, cost-benefit analysis and justification, process validations, and other assigned tasks as needed. Some assignments will be individual while others will be group-oriented, and project lengths will vary from small daily activities to large scale projects spanning the duration of the internship.
Examples of possible projects include:
- Creation of a digital imaging process for product assembly instructions
- Root cause analysis of production floor work stoppages
- Verification of assembly labor standards
- Machine process validations
- Analyzing and correcting bottlenecks in the supply chain
- Designing of optimization programs for warehouse and manufacturing
- Working with our international engineering teams to co-develop solutions
- Designing floor plans for facility expansion projects
- Development of employee bonus incentive system
- Background in Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- Junior standing with a 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Strong leadership abilities and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent organization, communication, data analysis and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement principles is a plus
- Knowledge of database applications (Access, FoxPro) is a plus
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization