2021 Product Development Engineering Intern
FCA US LLC’s College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization. As a leading-edge company, we can provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software. Each intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions in our various new hire programs.
Summer internships are primarily located at the FCA US Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit Metropolitan area, and Business Centers located throughout the country. Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed especially, to enhance their knowledge of FCA, our products and the metro Detroit area.
Engineering Summer Interns are assigned to a department within Engineering, Propulsion Systems, or Hybrid based on the candidate’s technical background and interests. The assignment is project-oriented, meaningful to the department, allows the intern to take responsibility for a major task, and allows the intern to experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution. Interns will get to experience corporate business culture and gain the communication and etiquette skills required. They’ll gain consideration for direct placement into our FCA Institute of Engineering (CIE) Trainee Program. They’ll also get to share knowledge gained from recent courses and further develop computer skills and learn new systems and software.
- Major in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program; Other Engineering degrees from an ABET accredited university programs (Aerospace/Aeronautical, Agricultural, Biomedical/Biomechanical/Bioengineering, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Computer Science, Materials, Mechatronics, Metallurgical, Software) will be considered if the candidate exhibits the desired characteristics to fill an opening within the intern program
- Completion of freshman year at an accredited university by the summer of 2021
- Strong interest in the Automotive Industry
- 3.0 or Higher GPA based on a 4.0 scale
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills along with excellent organization skills required
- Must exhibit strong leadership characteristics
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Apply at www.fcagroupcareers.com - Posting #1041401