Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Intern – Summer 2021
As a Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineer Intern for the Summer of 2021 you may have the opportunity to assist different engineering departments with multiple tasks involving the mechanical engineering functions in the Design Group or the Research & Development department. Determine failure trends and failure analysis; evaluate designs for failure potential. Some of our Summer 2021 internships may be available to be completed virtually.
As a Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineer Intern your assignments may include:
- Prepare vehicle component layouts using CATIA and CAD software.
- Select parts or components for quality conscious design, i.e., weight, cost, reliability, and ease of manufacturing.
- Follow project on the assembly floor for prototype, pilot, or production build and provide technical assistance.
- Generate engineering calculations of weight distribution, stress analysis, performance estimations, etc.
- Consult with suppliers, customers, and internal departments to find solutions to problems.
- Perform or assist in the testing of complete vehicles or vehicle components.
- Develop and exercise reliability mathematical models.
- Analyze field warranty data and prototype test data for failure trends.
- If working in the Research & Development area, some responsibilities may include:
- Establish requirements for testing of fire-fighting vehicles and associated equipment.
- Create test plans, recommend resources of equipment necessary to accomplish the test, and formulate test project estimates.
- Conceive necessary fixtures and test apparatus and supervise their construction and development.
- Coordinate, supervise, and monitor testing, record test data.
- Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
- Communicate status and results of tests to internal departments, suppliers, and customers.
- Develop solutions by designing and integrating between the physical and digital world using mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computing technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree working towards a bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- Willing to travel or relocate to a JLG location for the duration of the summer 2021 internship. Remote assignments will be considered.
- Student has experience or interest in hydraulic or CAE
- Strong problem solving and logical reasoning skill sets combined with hands-on aptitude.
- Excellent written and communication skills to articulate complex systems.