Manufacturing Engineering Integration (MEI) Co-op
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
At General Motors we pride ourselves on designing, building and selling the world's best vehicles. We are seeking a new generation of visionaries to help launch bold engineering and business initiatives, and shape new directions for General Motors. As an intern or co-op student through our EXCEL (Exploring Careers through Experiential Learning) Program you will gain hands-on career specific experiences to maximize your real world potential.
At GM, we are committed to safety in everything we do. We deliver safer, simpler, and sustainable solutions. This is true for not only the environment but also the workforce. As a MEI intern you will be responsible for keeping safety and sustainability in mind. Our “Look Ahead” approach to culture means to develop strategic perspectives. This means crafting strategies that may influence the future of our company!
As an Intern in Manufacturing Engineering Integration, you would potentially work on a variety of projects. These could include:
- Supporting the Industrial Engineering deliverables for Plants and Programs. Utilizing Industrial Engineering skills on projects involving Direct Labor, Material, Ergonomics, Layout or Simulation/Throughput initiatives.
- Working on projects that support the Ergonomic evaluations for vehicle/propulsion Programs and Plants.
- Utilizing Manufacturing Engineering skills on projects in Ergonomic evaluations of future programs, evaluation and application of operator assist technology and latest technology of ergonomic evaluation in the virtual reality.
Additional Job Description
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Kinesiology from an accredited college or university
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Must graduate Fall of 2022 or later
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Student Housing is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.