Shop Drawing Specialist
A full-time hourly position located in Jacksonville, Florida. Candidate selected will be required to live in the Jacksonville area and work in the office. Below is the position summary, key responsibilities and qualifications.
Load King has built an excellent reputation for delivering high quality goods and services to our clients. The Shop Drawing Specialist position works in a fast-paced environment blending creative design with efficient manufacturing techniques through the development and publication of shop drawing detail packages for client review. This position is responsible for the development and daily management of company specification, submittal, and shop drawings as well as various production tasks within the Engineering department. These responsibilities may include but are not limited to: assisting in client management and communications, project management, conceptual engineering design, operational layout design, shop drawing document development, specification writing, and permitting support during construction for design/build projects. The key focus of the position relates directly to the production of shop drawing design documents to meet and exceed client, architect, and contractor expectations.
Key Functional Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to the following)
· Creatively uses industry standards in the development of shop drawing submittal packages for client review, detailing all needed sections, material schedules, equipment schedules and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) needs. These packages may contain various elements of renderings, drawings, and specifications related to the project.
· Maintains an in-depth knowledge base of Load King’s manufacturing capabilities and design standards. Able to effectively detail from renderings/ architectural sets designs suitable and efficient for our manufacturing processes.
· Coordinates with Purchasing and inventory groups to gain an understanding of standard materials for more efficient designs. Additionally, collaborates with the Purchasing team in developing certain furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E), MEP, or raw material details.
· Able to collaborate across multiple disciplines to effectively work together for a single outcome. Provides clear direction and identifies unified program goals to establish clear and efficient teamwork.
· Manages schedules for multiple projects with different and changing date requirements. Effectively prioritizes project sequences based upon client demands.
· Develops a strong understanding of various MEP systems to help support proper detailing for both internal and external client review.
· Conducts themselves professionally, representing Load King to external clients, working cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
· Utilize 3D modeling/ rendering software to effectively communicate ideas to clients.
- Efficient in reading blueprints, shop drawings, written instructions, BOM’s/ routers, and ERP data to help support the detailing development.
- Will develop and continually update their understanding of all Load King Departments, their unique elements, and individual requirements. This information will be relied upon and referenced when making decisions and leading discussions in continuous improvement efforts to ensure that all stakeholders are represented and accounted for with the solutions that are to be implemented.
- LEAN – Must understand core LEAN processes, and through LEAN applied thinking, develops, coordinates, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of supply chain (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver) processes and their interdependency.
- Demonstrates the ability to use a computer, various database programs and basic SQL skills. Proficiency in MS Excel; MS Project (or similar) and Word required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering related field
· 1+ years related experience in a similar role
· Revit, AutoCAD, or Solid Works Proficient
· 3+ architecture or engineering experience utilizing Revit or similar program
· Experience in developing customer facing drawings
· Experience in customer engagement and/or project management
· APICS CSCP or APICS CPIM Certified, APICS SCOR-P endorsement
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Better
· APICS Membership