Structural Engineer Intern
Looking to redefine the skyline or to be a part of a team who does? If so, Permasteelisa North America is the right place for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer Intern to join our Minnesota team!
Internship Program: Our Internships are designed to ignite your passion and creativity. As part of the team, you will be partnered with a mentor and will work hands-on on current projects. The program provides you with exposure to day to day activities allowing you to use your knowledge gained through school, challenging you and helping you build your professional experience.
Job Summary: As a Structural Engineer Intern at Permasteelisa North America, you will be challenged by the unique nature of every project we create. You will be a key member of a project team that inspires passion, embraces quality, pursues growth, delivers on commitment and works with respect. If you are the right candidate for this position, you will use your engineering background to performs facade calculations under the direction of a licensed engineer for high performance custom curtain wall projects.
The Company: In less than two decades, Permasteelisa North America has become North America’s leading Contractor in the engineering, project management, manufacturing and installation of architectural envelopes. These products change the skylines of cities and become the focus of famous photographs on magazine covers. Find more information on the company at www.permasteelisagroup.com or by visiting our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/permasteelisa-north-america
• Perform all work under the direct supervision of a licensed professional engineer.
• Perform structural analysis and design of custom curtain wall and field equipment including load determination, frame analysis, FEA, connections, and anchorages for custom curtain wall projects.
• Review drawings, calculations, material data sheets for compliance with building codes, project specifications, and company standards.
• Work across disciplines with drafters, designers, modelers, shop and field personnel, and project managers to accomplish project tasks.
• Applicants should be in the process of a degree, or a recent college graduate in Civil, Architectural or Mechanical Engineering field
• Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of AUTOCAD, Inventor
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent communication skills
PNA is committed to workplace diversity and is an AA/EEO employer. The company participates in E-Verify.