Mechanical Engineering Intern
Mechanical Engineer Intern
- Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. When you join Cree, you’ll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to any startup environment – fast decision making, passionate people and constant innovation.
What can Cree do for you?
- Cree offers an extensive 12-week internship program that aligns with our new hiring model and talent development strategy. Students a part of our internship program will develop knowledge and skills across their areas of interest while gaining insight into unit operations. Additionally, you will have the ability apply academic concepts to real world business challenges. An intern has opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up.
What can you do for Cree?
- Bring enthusiasm, creativity, and an open-mind to help strengthen our culture and build on our success
- Bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face
- Learn from an experienced team
- Deepen your understanding of classroom concepts
- Gain real-world experience
What you need for success:
- Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
- Maintains a 3.0 GPA or above
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant Experience
- Ability to work without sponsorship now or in the future
Who You’ll Work With
- As a Mechanical Engineer Intern, you will have the chance to work with our Wolfspeed, Lighting and LED Teams with the following responsibilities:
- Creates, modifies, and maintains drawings associated with new product development
- Works with engineering and operations staff to schedule and execute pilots, including inspecting, preparing, and staging materials
- Assistance with identifying and resolving pilot issues to proceed to high volume production pilot
- 3D modeling projects
- Determine ways to improve productivity while reducing costs
- This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.