Do you have a knack for troubleshooting even when the stakes are high? Do you enjoy working in large industrial environments such as airports and manufacturing sites? Do you get a lot of satisfaction solving complex customer problems? If you are excited, then CLX Engineering just may be the place for you!
CLX Engineering needs an experienced Controls/Automation Integration Engineer II. The Integration Engineer II works with minimal supervision and may supervise some day-to-day activities of a team. A successful candidate has previous experience in controls and automation with experience in PLCs, Siemens, and Allen Bradley systems. Our candidate must be analytical, detail-oriented, and enjoy a challenging work environment.
The job involves engineer designing, engineering programming, and commissioning of various industrial projects using both established legacy equipment and new, cutting edge technology. Design includes knowledge of drafting software, applicable codes and standards, efficient design practices, and current devices. Programming will be accomplished with multiple PLCs using primarily ladder logic. Commissioning includes supervising installation and troubleshooting of projects ensuring proper functionality and customer satisfaction. This position requires frequent and sporadic travel and on occasion, maybe international travel (up to ~85%). If you are unable or do not desire business travel, please do not apply.
The Integration Engineer II has an excellent understanding of project scope, goals, and underlying technical requirements. The candidate can balance a client’s needs and expectations, schedules, and execute required technical aspects consistently achieving project success. Candidates will want to learn, grow, and consistently develop their skills in an ever-changing environment.
Integration Engineer IIs will model our Core Values: Ethically Honest, Partnership Drive, Quality Over Profit, and Work Hard Play Hard.
The ideal candidate will have experience in baggage handling systems and is easily able to work in traditional, long term projects and fast-paced time and material projects in the entertainment industry. We are looking for someone versatile and who works well in a variety of work environments, industries, and people. This is not an entry level position and candidates should have at least 5 years of solid experience working in automation, especially with PLC and coding.
An Integration Engineer II is responsible for the following:
- Designing control systems through interpretation of customer-supplied control descriptions, communicate with clients and owners, analysis of system requirements and any other means necessary to create a functional software design.
- Follow company designed standards for PLC programming.
- Working with other project team members as needed to successfully share programming responsibilities. Entry level supervisory and leadership skills must be performed.
- Perform inhouse factory acceptance testing prior to onsite commissioning.
- Thoroughly testing system software prior to exposure to the client.
- Providing on-site system commissioning as required.
- Supervising installation personnel and progress.
- Occasional overtime hours depending on project demands.
- Travel demands will fluctuate up to ~85% depending on client &/or project.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- AS Degree or relevant technical skill experience in controls and automation
- At least 5 years’ experience working in automation, especially PLCs and on-site coding
- Ability to quickly understand complex applications
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills working with baggage handling
- Thorough understanding of at least one (1) major PLC hardware platform including Allen-Bradley (preferred), Siemens, Modicon or GE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to spend extended times in an industrial environment (possibility of heat, dirt, noise)
- Ability to use hand tools
- Continuous improvement mindset
- All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a thorough background check. In addition, more extensive background checks are often conducted by CLX Engineering clients.
Desired Skills or Qualifications:
- BS Engineering degree in electrical or computer science/technology from an accredited college/university
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software