Schneider Development Program - R&D Engineering (June 2021)
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity in our Schneider Development Program - R&D Engineering in various locations across the US!
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Get your foot in the door at a cutting-edge, global company throughout the course of this 2-year rotational development program consisting of 3 eight-month assignments. Our offers have deep technical stacks going from Power, Electromechanical, Electronics to Embedded Software. Contribute and get a hands-on experience on user stories, system engineering, design and verification, supply chain, and project and offer management. We are actively recruiting upcoming June 2021 undergraduates to join the Schneider Development Program – R&D Engineering !
In this program, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams (local, national and international) within the Home & Distribution line of business on various aspects of the research and development workflow, which may include design, development, integration, verification or validation activities and offer management. Additionally, you will have the chance to learn additional project-related activities, including project management, risk management, budgeting, purchasing and more.
The objective of the Schneider Development Program – R&D Engineering is to develop highly versatile engineers who are familiar with the Home & Distribution product offers and processes. Upon graduation of the program you will be well equipped for a professional-level Engineering position within Schneider Electric’s complex and multi-cultural matrixed business environment.
During the 2-year program, you will experience 3 different rotations within the Home & Distribution line of business within several potential locations:
- Nashville, TN
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Various US manufacturing sites
Potential rotations in the program may include:
- Hardware or Electronic Development and Design: Work with a Senior or Lead Hardware Engineer for the design of electronic components for low voltage electrical distribution equipment including collaboration with mechanical and firmware engineers.
- Firmware or Software Development: Expand and modify existing firmware to meet marketing requirements. Perform development (coding and/or testing) of part of an embedded software. Conduct firmware design reviews with peers to gain knowledge on the best practices. Working with C language for microcontrollers applications and MATLAB.
- System Integration, Verification or Validation: Work with the formal verification team to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Product Engineering: Electromechanical support on existing offers. Continuous design improvements to support product safety standards. Accelerated learning curve in a cross functional and collaborative environment. Exposure to CAD tools like ProE in 3D modeling new concepts and rapid prototyping for validation and verification.
- Project Engineering: Lead a technical quality, productivity or design robustness project. Learning involves in-depth product knowledge that includes but not limited to concept feasibility analysis, rapid prototyping, lab testing.
- Offer marketing manager, managing Home & Distributions unique product offers
- Closely work with Business Development and Sales to identify offer needs, gaps, and opportunities to build strong value propositions.
- Understand market trends, technology landscape, codes & standards cycles, and macro-financial aspects to build a robust, high value added and healthy offer roadmap.
- Determine customers’ needs and willingness to pay for different offer features based on voice of the customer, focus groups, market research and online reviews.
- Create business cases, use cases, and offer requirements for product evolution, adaptation, maintenance, optimization and new development.
- Define price positioning strategies, competitive landscape and benchmarks, launch strategy, channel development and customer journey.
- Develop literature and customer communication to promote the offer value proposition.
- Enhance a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with engineering, product architects, project management, quality, purchasing, industrialization, manufacturing, customer care center, business development and sales force.
- Leads Industrialization activities in a non-supervisory role on a cross functional team in product or process development.
- Includes projects in Offer Technology Management (OTM) through the Project Management Process (PMP) and Product Evolution Process (PEP).
- Act as Project Manager for Industrialization activities responsible for timely and effective deliverables.
- Forecast Labor and Project Cost necessary to industrialize new products; utilizing the expertise of Industrialization team.
- Develop Industrial solutions in compliance with the Schneider Production System (SPS) lean principles.
- Works with cross functional team members as part of a global new product development stage gate process.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Upcoming Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Electromechanical, Industrial, Mechanical, Software and/or Electrical Engineering by June 2021.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to roadmap changes, and relocating to new site locations.
- Must be willing to relocate as part of the program to either: Cedar Rapids, IA and Nashville, TN.
- Applicable Internship experience in an engineering organization desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results.
This position is unable to provide visa and/or relocation support for international candidates.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Cedar Rapids