Minimum Qualifications of Applicant:
- New grad BSEE or similar looking to join the HVAC industry
- Internship or research in the HVAC industry is a plus
- Looking to keep learning and developing beyond their degree program
- PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal & communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously, self-direct daily activities, lead by example, and take initiative
- Strong technical writing skills
- Working knowledge of three-phase and single-phase power systems
- Working knowledge reading schematics
- Working knowledge of micro-processor control logic used in building automation systems
- Desire to understand sealed system circuit design as applied to air conditioning systems
- Desire to stay abreast of emerging technologies & maintain technical competency in relevant subject matter areas via industry relationships, professional associations & technical publications to maintain awareness of basic research activities, materials or processes, regulatory implications, & supplier or competitive actions.
- Generate engineering documentation for control panel components and wire harness selection for use in automated engineering systems also known as (KBE) Knowledge Based Engineering systems
- Provide leadership to direct the activities of technical personnel assigned to projects, including: Lab Technicians, Test Engineers, Electrical Designers, or Configuration Engineers.
- Coordinate efforts necessary to maintain compliance with agencies such as ETL, UL, NFPA's NEC.
- Foster partnerships between Sales, Marketing, Applications, Manufacturing, Lab Technicians, and Project Engineers to deliver engineering solutions.
- Write test plans as required to provide scope, direction, and time estimates to internal and external test laboratories for resource and equipment planning.
- Annually author or revise a Daikin Applied engineering standard that will be used throughout the North America facilities to drive best practices and build on the current knowledge base.
- Identify new ideas for cost improvement and review cost improvement projects for feasibility, including estimating schedule and financial analysis.
- Provide support to sales, marketing, manufacturing, and customers as required in specific areas of expertise.
- Respond to field service issues by providing solutions and support as required.