Inside Sales Engineer
Assist in the coordination of inside sales and marketing efforts for the area Service Center. Business conditions will dictate specific job priorities. This activity will be done using all principles of good salesmanship, including telephone selling and follow-up, job quoting, interface with estimator, plus participation in technical and professional associations. Responsible for supporting outside Sales Engineers and Operations Department.
- Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals.
- Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts.
- Develop proposals for acceptance testing and short form quotations, follow-up on proposals.
- Make sure proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct.
- Perform marketing support to promote the Company’s image throughout the industry.
- Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis.
- Assist outside Sales Engineers’ needs in distribution of marketing materials.
- Prepare monthly sales reports for the Region.
- Perform public relations to promote sales.
- Active participation in trade shows and professional societies.
- Graduate engineer (BSEE/BSME) and no experience. OR Graduate of electrical technical school or equivalent, and one year of similar work. OR High school diploma or equivalent and three years of similar work.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some over night travel to cover sales territory.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.