Packaging Engineer (DPS)
Qorvo, Inc. (Nasdaq: QRVO) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance radio frequency components and compound semiconductor technologies. Qorvo is recognized for its diverse portfolio of semiconductor technologies and RF systems. Our products are utilized in a diverse RF market that include the world’s leading suppliers of mobile phones, cellular infrastructure, commercial radios, Aerospace and Defense, and other communications equipment.
Qorvo is looking for an Engineer with knowledge of semiconductor materials and post fabrication die processing services (DPS) with a desire to join Qorvo’s Global Package Engineering Team, located on the Greensboro, NC or Apopka, FL campuses.
Candidate will work closely with wafer and filter technology teams to deliver next generation DPS processes and grow into an expert level DPS engineer. Strong problem solving and project execution skills and the ability to excel in a dynamic collaborative team environment is imperative to the success of this position.
· Specializing in DPS (die processing services) processes of backgrind, dicing, and die to tape.
· Support new projects related to DPS for semiconductor and filter materials including Si, LiTaO3, LiNbO3, GaAs, GaN, and others.
· Grow Qorvo's expertise in DPS processes including mechanical dicing, stealth dicing, plasma dicing, laser grooving, dice before backgrind, die to tape, and advanced automated inspection techniques.
· Drive the selection, development, and ramp of new DPS technologies and roadmap-driven packaging technologies.
· Utilize program management methodology to plan, execute and monitor complex process and/or product development projects
· Work in collaboration with Wafer and Filter R&D and business unit groups to innovate and develop next generation packaging solutions incorporating Si, GaAs, and GaN semiconductor devices and SAW and BAW based filter solutions.
· Minimum B.S in Material Science, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
· Ability to excel in a dynamic collaborative team environment including working directly with design, wafer fab, materials, prototype, and OSAT teams as well as external customers.
· Knowledge of semiconductor materials and post wafer processing techniques.
· Strong problem solving skills and experience with various methodologies and tools.
· Capable in data analysis and ability to communicate results to both internal and external customers.
· 0 – 3 years experience required with additional consideration for more experienced candidates.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected status.