Travel Required: 25% of time
No remote working option
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 90874 - Emporia, Kansas, United States
We are looking for you to join our team!
The Controls Engineer is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of the plant floor control systems, information systems, electrical systems, and networks in support of the manufacturing operations.
We believe real innovation comes from directed teamwork and collaboration!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design, specification, development, installation, start up, troubleshooting, and improvement of process control systems, electrical systems, plant floor systems, business systems, and equipment.
- Lead the development and implementation of process improvements (safety, product quality, reliability, waste, cost per pound) to meet business needs.
- Prepare, submit, and handle controls technology and information technology aspects of the Capital Expenditure Budget and support project managers in achieving project deliverables
○ Develop functional specifications
○ Run internal and external resources (Software integrators, hardware support)
○ Project schedule and scope alignment
○ Project cost controls
○ Technology transfer and Management of Change
○ Start-up and troubleshooting
- Leads the technology transfer for the plant and supports global technology with implementation of new capital projects and new controls processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain hardware and software aspects of the plant floor systems, plant control systems, business systems (computer network), and phone and voice systems.
- Prepare and lead expense budgets for plant control systems and all information technology systems.
- Develop and maintain specifications, technical documentation, and procedures for controls processes and equipment which are consistent with Key Performance Indicator goals and support Quality and EOHS Standards.
- Leadership and management of Controls Technicians
- Develop new insights and drive innovative engineering and processing solutions to reduce costs and improve process capability and quality.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding safety and quality standards.
Other job functions that may be assigned*
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
BS in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
3+ years of manufacturing experience
3+ years of proven experience in PLCs, Instrumentation and Computer Hardware and Software
Working knowledge and experience in:
○ Electrical power distribution
○ Motor Controls ( Variable Frequency drives, Standard Motor systems)
○ Industrial Automation Networks (Control Net, Devicenet, Ethernet)
- Plant Systems database management (SQL, InSQL, or Access)
- Programming, Testing, Installation, and startup of Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Knowledge of Electrical Industry Standards, Practices and Regulatory Requirements
- Manufacturing process control systems experience including PID loop tuning
- Solid understanding of the Capital Expenditure Budget process
- Solid understanding of EOHS and Quality Standards
- Experience using Google collaboration tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Proficient in Statistical Process Control, CPk and Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- Knowledge of IQ / OQ / PQ validation
- Computer programming skills
EXPECTED AREAS OF SKILLS
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Prepare and present business and technical summaries, estimates, and budgets
▪ Teamwork orientation with excellent interpersonal and team skills
▪ Proven performance of attention to detail, follow-up, and analytical decision making
▪Work on all aspects of project management: Project definition, Project planning, capital expenditures, and technology transfer associated with capital projects and new processes and equipment.
▪ Functions as a resource for troubleshooting / problem solving of business systems, plant floor systems, and control systems.
▪Responsible for handling capital expenditure budgets and delivering continuous improvement projects that reduce manufacturing variances.
▪ Works with cross functional teams to implement and maintain Colgate Palmolive Best Practices for Factory Performance and Reliability
▪ Proficient knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, and SPC