Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Aerobiology Engineer to support our contract with USAMRIID .
Description of Responsibilities:
- The Candidate shall provide expert-level mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering support to facilitate the design and maintenance of aerosol exposure equipment.
- The Candidate shall test and design new equipment, execute scientific studies, analyze data, and maintain laboratory equipment. Tasks include: Generate, characterize and sample biological aerosols to support pathogenesis and medical countermeasure studies against biothreat agents.
- Assist with SOP writing, revision and review to meet GLP requirements.
- Assemble, maintain and troubleshoot aerosol systems to support medical countermeasure studies.
- Perform and supervise biological decontamination procedures for Class III biosafety cabinets post-aerosol.
- Certify and maintain Class III biosafety cabinets IAW SOPs and GLP standards.
- Coordinate and collaborate with leadership to assist in the development and implementation of a division technical training program.
- Hold and maintain BPRP status IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Ability to meet BPRP program requirements
- BSL 2 experience Willingness to work in BSL 3-4
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP),
- Federal Drug Administration (FDA),
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) exposure/experience AutoCad experience
- BSL 3-4 experience
Bachelor’s of science in engineering (mechanical or biomedical engineering preferably) w/4 years’ experience in a laboratory/research setting
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com