Assistant Electrical or Mechanical Engineer - Utility Consulting (Kansas City)
The Technical Advisory Analyst will assist with electric power system studies involving planning and operations. These studies could include analyses of power flow, transient stability, short circuit, electromagnetic transients, reliability, and economic dispatch, among others.
- Assist with transmission planning studies.
- Assist with power system planning and operations analysis including: power flow, transient, stability, short circuit, electromagnetic transients, reliability and economic dispatch.
- Assist with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and regional requirement assessments.
- Assist with electric power risk assessments.
- Apply basic electrical engineering theory and principles to complete assigned tasks on planning, analysis, and other projects.
- Perform transmission study analysis utilizing power system software.
- Assist lead engineers with various electric power engineering activities.
- Participate in internal and/or external power system conferences.
- All other duties as assigned.