Environment Designer II
Environment Designer II
Location: Sheetz Corporate - GAHANNA, OH
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Support our retail environment through creative design solutions and consistently reinforce brand identity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Execute interior & exterior store design concepts & solutions. Includes but not be limited to:
- Sketching, rendering, 2d & 3d visualization, space planning, elevations, displays, detailing, floorplans, material selections, & fixture, millwork, & equipment development
- Collaborate with in-house stakeholders & coordinate project from concept through execution. Partners include - design teams, architecture, engineering, marketing, creative, real estate, procurement, category leads, construction, project management.
- Develop presentations to convey design solutions for cross-functional team collaboration and executive leadership.
- Define visual direction of materials & finishes.
- Create visual positioning boards on assigned projects.
- Effectively plan, manage, balance, prioritize & execute upon multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize work and maintain digital project folder, proactively locate information and seek answers needed to complete work.
- Coordinate projects with outside vendors & agency(s) as needed
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- Bachelors degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Environment Design, or related field required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in designing retail or hospitality environments required.
- Minimum of 3 years knowledge of computer design software and hardware required.
- Knowledge of retail interiors & exteriors, and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge in innovative ways that elevate brand excellence preferred.
- Solid understanding of customer journey & understands how to execute solutions through this lens required
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional partners & key stakeholders including architects, marketing, real estate, category leads, procurement, vendors & construction teams preferred
- Experience presenting design concepts to peers, managers, clients required
- Understands space planning, basic ADA, human ergonomics, and applies this basic understanding to design solutions designing in scale & proportion required.
- None required
Tools & Equipment
- General Office Equipment