MSG Core Pipeline Summer 2021 Student Associate
MSG Sphere is a contemporary entertainment venue where immersive technology and experiences intertwine. The first MSG venue of this kind is currently under construction in Las Vegas. The venue will require creative content to be displayed on the exterior LED exosphere, and the interior 160,000square foot LED media plane surrounding +17,000 seats, including a revolutionary spatial audio system. This massive internal volumetric space will enable showcasing immersive events, new technologies, artist residencies and other forms of entertainment. The MSG Sphere Studio located in Burbank, a full end to end capture to post shop, will develop and create the content for MSG Sphere.
MSG is looking for a software engineer to join a groundbreaking post-production department based in Los Angeles. This role is a Student Associate working under the Core Pipeline Software Sr. Manager to develop artist-facing tools to automate and optimize their workflows. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of creating tools for high-end VFX or other areas of post-production that are stable, well documented, easy to use, effective, and easy to maintain. MSG Sphere post-production requires pipeline developers who are used to problem solving in collaboration with their end users and stakeholders, and flexible in modifying the solutions they build based on feedback.
The Sphere venues require an extreme level of integration between disciplines, as such the LA Post Production team desires out-of-the-box thinkers, creative problem solvers, and excellent collaborators.
THIS POSITION IS IN-PERSON IN BURBANK, CA.
- Participate in the development of software tools to automate tasks for I/O, edit, VFX, color,
- and sound.
- Work in direct collaboration with end users and stakeholders to determine solutions that scale
- and address problems in a user-friendly manner.
- Adhere to industry-standard conventions for coding and documentation.
- Identify potential optimizations or newer solutions to existing pipeline tools.
- Strong experience in all major OS - Linux, MacOS, Windows
- Proficient in Python 3, Knowledge of SQL, Mongo and Postgres databases, experience with version control tools like Git.
- Understanding of Docker & Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Shotgun and Digital Asset Management Solutions a plus
- Familiarity with tools like Maya, Houdini, Nuke and Resolve a plus
- Familiarity with Deadline (or similar render manager) a plus
- Experience using AWS or other cloud services a plus
- Experience in Django Framework and GUI development in ReactJS a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members across different disciplines including directly interfacing with stakeholders to understand requirements