MSG Data I/O Summer 2021 Student Associate
MSG Sphere is a contemporary entertainment venue where immersive technology and experiences intertwine. The first MSG venue of this kind is currently under construction in Las Vegas. The venue will require creative content to be displayed on the exterior LED exosphere, and the interior 160,000square foot LED media plane surrounding +17,000 seats, including a revolutionary spatial audio system. This massive internal volumetric space will enable showcasing immersive events, new technologies, artist residencies and other forms of entertainment. The MSG Sphere Studio located in Burbank, a full end to end capture to post shop, will develop and create the content for MSG Sphere.
MSG is looking for a data management intern to join a groundbreaking post-production department based in Los Angeles. The Data I/O Student Associate is responsible for coordinating and assisting internal and external data management tasks and would report to the I/O Lead Technician. Daily duties would range from virus scanning, reading/writing various pieces of media, transmission of digital assets, file manipulation, media conversions and other tasks as needed. This role requires a tremendous amount of attention to detail, meticulous care in job execution, and would be on-site in Burbank, CA.
THIS ROLE IS IN-PERSON IN BURBANK, CA.
- Reading and writing of data to a variety or physical and digital formats.
- Coordinating and assisting with the management of data storage usage.
- Assisting with workflow development and automation efforts.
- Documenting and improving existing processes.
- Experience in MacOS, Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with command line interfaces.
- Familiarity with secure data management practices.
- Understanding of media formats used in production and post-production.
- Hands on filmmaking experience a plus but not required. Applicants from non-film majors are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to perform basic scripting a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with tight
- Must take a proactive and initiative driven approach.