MSG Editorial Summer 2021 Student Associate
MSG Sphere is a contemporary entertainment venue where immersive technology and experiences intertwine. The first MSG venue of this kind is currently under construction in Las Vegas. The venue will require creative content to be displayed on the exterior LED exosphere, and the interior 160,000square foot LED media plane surrounding +17,000 seats, including a revolutionary spatial audio system. This massive internal volumetric space will enable showcasing immersive events, new technologies, artist residencies and other forms of entertainment. The MSG Sphere Studio located in Burbank, a full end to end capture to post shop, will develop and create the content for MSG Sphere.
MSG is looking for an Editorial Student Associate to join a groundbreaking post-production department based in Los Angeles. This position would be responsible for assisting the editorial staff and would report to the Editorial Supervisor. Daily duties would range from logging/marking footage, organizing bins, adding notes, and other tasks as needed. Additional responsibilities include assisting with reviews and edit sessions as well as helping to manage remote review and playback systems. This role would be on site at our studio in Burbank, CA.
- Assisting with daily editorial tasks.
- Assisting with internal and external reviews.
- Managing media for editors.
- Creating temp graphics and titles.
- Quality control of work in progress timelines and existing assets.
- Extensive experience with DaVinci Resolve, Avid, and the Adobe Creative Suite of products.
- Experience with standard encoding and compression methods and techniques.
- Understanding of media formats used in production and post-production.
- Experience in production and post production is desired.
- Experience with VR or 360º content is a plus.
- Ability to work unsupervised is a must.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and note taking skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with tight
- Must take a proactive and initiative driven approach.