Business Partnerships Fellow
Fellows Program Summary
GlobalGiving is seeking applicants to our Fellows Program to help further our mission and ambitious growth plans. Fellows will have a unique opportunity to learn how a thriving, international NGO operates through practical, hands-on experience with the nuts and bolts of our operations and ample opportunities to explore the broader field of development.
The program is a highly selective, full-time service year that will challenge and inspire you, and will require hard work and dedication. You will have the opportunity to explore various areas that interest you, so you can capitalize on your experience. You’ll be a vital contributor to our team—not getting coffee or filing papers all day long.
In return, we offer a $38,600 salary, health and dental insurance, professional development funding, tons of learning opportunities, and an amazing experience!
Here’s a little taste of the kinds of experiences you might have as a GlobalGiving Fellow:
- Skill-building workshops to improve your understanding of international development, technology startups, social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, disaster response, and crowdfunding.
- In-depth research and analysis projects around a particular issue area.
- Training on experimentation, workflow, and querying tools such as Salesforce, Optimizely, MySQL, Metabase, and Zendesk.
- Career preparation and professional development, including mock interviews and resume review. Previous fellows have used their professional development funds to take coding classes and even learn a new language!
Due to COVID-19, our Washington, DC office is closed and all staff are working remotely. The 2021-2022 Fellowship cohort will have the option of doing their entire fellowship program remotely. When the office is able to safely open for staff, the cohort will be welcomed to work from the office or continue working remotely.
GlobalGiving’s mission is to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change.
We help fellow nonprofits access the funding, tools, training, and support they need to serve their communities. Since 2002, the GlobalGiving community has raised more than $500 million from 1 million donors for 27,000 projects in 170+ countries. Each of the nonprofits on GlobalGiving.org has been rigorously vetted and has committed to providing donors regular updates about how donations are put to work.
Fellowship Focus Areas
We have fellowship opportunities on four of our teams: Vetting and Grants, Disaster Recovery Network, Operations, and Business Partnerships,. You are welcome to apply to multiple fellowships, but please ensure that your application highlights why you are the best fit in that specific role.
Business Partnerships Fellow
Our Business Partnerships team works with Fortune 500 companies like 3M and Facebook to support their global citizenship goals. The team helps companies with employee engagement, consumer-facing campaigns, international grantmaking and more. Candidates with business analytics and/or marketing communications experience are encouraged to apply. Specifically, the Business Partnerships Fellow will:
- Scan media for opportunities to engage or provide content to corporate philanthropy and corporate social media discussions; assist in developing content for marketing and visibility purposes.
- Support new and existing business partnerships by conducting research, having introductory calls, preparing proposals, assisting with outreach, building web pages, generating charitable gift cards, and creating impact reports.
- Support corporate giving portfolios by communicating with employees, generating reports on programmatic activity, and identifying nonprofit partners for corporate campaigns and disaster recovery efforts, as necessary.
- Work across teams to ensure corporate program deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Track and attend webinars and conferences concerning corporate responsibility, employee engagement, and grantmaking.
- Research and write articles about best practices in global corporate philanthropy with an eye toward new opportunities for GlobalGiving.
- Serve as the first point of contact for companies and provide exceptional customer service to companies looking to partner with GlobalGiving.
- Use customer relationship management tools to track communications with companies and discover outreach opportunities.
- Apply creative and critical thinking to contribute to team learning, improvement, and innovation.
Who We Are Looking For
While we offer 4 different areas of focus for our fellows, each requiring specific qualifications, our overall selection process for the program is rooted in our values-driven approach to work. We seek candidates who subscribe to our core values:
- Always Open: Believing that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time; approachable and humble, demonstrating sincere appreciation for others and their ideas.
- Never Settle: Questioning the status quo wisely, and challenging yourself to achieve high goals and expectations.
- Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat: Demonstrating curiosity about the world around us, and bringing that curiosity into GlobalGiving; experimenting fruitfully, utilizing both success and failure productively; leveraging data and feedback to make better decisions.
- Committed to WOW: Embodying a spirit of service with customers (internal and external), and delighting in opportunities to interact with them.
In addition, candidates must:
- Be in the game. You are passionate about international development and onboard with GlobalGiving’s mission.
- Be adaptable. You perform well in changing environments, with a clear desire to do what it takes to improve and develop your skills.
- Be an effective collaborator. You proactively maintain relationships in ways that are mutually beneficial.
- Be able to execute. You set, track, and complete goals. You anticipate possible delays and plan around them to maintain ownership and accountability for meeting objectives with high quality and timeliness.
The Fellows Program is a full-time work commitment that will begin June 23, 2021, and run through July 22, 2022.
Eligibility and Hiring Process
Recent college graduates, career switchers, and anyone who has a passion for what we are doing is encouraged to apply! Applicants must reside in the United States.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the Fellowship. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GlobalGiving receives a high volume of applicants for the Fellowship roles. We will review applications and move qualified candidates into screening on an ongoing basis. We anticipate doing one-way video interviews to screen applicants before they move forward to a homework phase. Those passing the homework phase will do a final team interview with other GlobalGiving staff members, including the manager of that fellowship role. We will aim to communicate to all candidates regularly on their status, if possible on a bi-weekly basis.
Compensation and Benefits
A salary of $38,600, paid semi-monthly, will be offered over the course of the 13-month program.
This is a non-exempt, 40 hour a week position. Our benefits package includes health and dental insurance, educational assistance, 15 days of paid time off, professional development funds (up to $500 over the course of the program), access to our marketplace of discounts with companies, 401K matching and commuter benefits.