Manufacturing - Engineering Internship (Fall 2021)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Sparks, NV
- Buffalo, NY
About the Team
The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for Tesla’s manufacturing processes, designing equipment to be used in production lines, and helping to troubleshoot manufacturing issues to affect production and delivery targets.
- Battery Pack
- Module Manufacturing
- Drive Systems Manufacturing
- Energy Products
- Production Planning
- Material Flow
- Body in White
What to Expect
An intern within Manufacturing Engineering may be working on projects related to the following:
- Support control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
- Organize and analyze data sets that outline the systemic improvement opportunities.
- Manage projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Develop and validate processes used in manufacturing.
- Assist and contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
- Develop and implement system support process and documentation.
- Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.