Energy Operations – Training Content Producer Internship (Fall 2021)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The Tesla Energy Training, Development and Quality team is responsible for the ongoing deployment of Tesla’s class leading energy products. As part of our team, you will be enabled to work across the entire Tesla organization to solve problems and ensure the success of our installers. Working alongside the Product Engineering, Product Applications, Field Service, Environment, Health and Safety, Asset Management and Regional Program managers, you will craft technical trainings that ensure the best learner experience.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of non-barrier, inter-disciplinary collaboration at lightning speed. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate daily. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problem — and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
The Tesla Energy Training, Development, and Quality team is hiring an experienced multi-media content producer to lead the development and production of instructional video content. In this role, you will be a key player on the team responsible for creating engaging, instructional, and technical content that support Tesla’s field installers and external partners in deploying Tesla’s class-leading energy products. This content will educate and empower our installers to advance Tesla’s mission to Accelerate the World’s Transition to Sustainable Energy.
- Gather information from, and foster excellent working relationships with, a variety of subject matter experts such as engineers, quality assurance personnel, software developers, product managers, technicians, etc.
- Work closely with Training Managers, Field Service leaders, Product Developers, and others to prioritize content needs and determine which media best accommodates which needs and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams of engineers, technicians, subject matter experts, program managers, product managers and others throughout Tesla to understand complex technical information and incorporate it into stunning content
- Work closely with engineering, product, field service, and Program Management teams to keep track of upcoming product changes and release dates
- Ensure content is accurate (for example, validate information accuracy, peer review others’ content, and follow review processes)
- Manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software (such as JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence, and custom databases)
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Art specifically Film/Animation, Instructional Design or equivalent experience
- Passionate about taking on challenging technical subjects and developing engaging, meaningful content
- Excellent content production skills including video and other digital mediums
- Positive attitude toward change and late-stage project scope updates
- Experience using of video production and media design tools such Final Cut X, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Desired experience with 3D animation software, such as Blender or Cinema 4D
- Desired experience directly interacting with and modifying raw CAD files/images