Supply Chain - Planning Internship (Fall 2021)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Lathrop, CA
- Reno, NV
About the Team
Tesla's Planning team is at the forefront of our evolution. We have an ambitious vision and a complex portfolio of challenges. Our interns will help design the process of material handling equipment and technological systems to: Unlock efficient and creative material flows. Drive business process through encouragement Craft tools and strategies to enable cost efficiencies build operating models throughout our organization. You’ll gain a deep understanding of capital projects management, facility design, storage and order fulfillment systems design for distribution networks, material flow automation, intersection of WCS/WES and WMS. The scope includes parts arriving at Tesla's network of warehouses then downstream manufacturing facilities. We are looking for a leader who can lead teams through ambitious implementations, is a critical thinker, creative, results driven, and data-centric.
What to Expect
As a Planning Intern, you'd learn how to lead efforts to develop material flow standards and principles for Tesla’s facilities. You'd be encouraged to lead teams on initiatives related to warehouse automation, facility and material flow design and launch.
- Support supply chain planning operations
- Interface with suppliers ensuring production and planning targets are met
- Review and analyze supply levels for Production and Service Distribution
- Optimize parameters to improve supply chain efficiency
- Excel/MRP data analysis
- Work with cross functional team to launch and sustain new projects
- Currently pursuing your Bachelor’s Degree or MBA focusing on Supply Chain Management, Data Science, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management
- 3+ internship, project, or work experience related to this area of expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and excellent time management skills.