Manufacturing - Packaging Engineering Internship (Fall 2021)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Sparks, NV
About the Team:
Working closely with Packaging Engineers for the development and leading the implementation of cutting edge packaging, Interns will develop needed to effectively protect and integrate with the automated material flow and manufacturing lines. Interns will also contribute to enhancing the development process and supporting tools.
What to Expect
Responsibilities of the Packaging Engineering interns may include the following:
- Design part packaging to interface with custom production automation equipment and material handling equipment
- Support automation equipment design as part of the project team developing new custom automation equipment
- Work with the Design Engineering team to understand part design in order to develop highly optimized packaging solutions for a wide range of parts
- Work with part suppliers and packaging suppliers to get your designs implemented
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or advanced degree in engineering, project management, packaging engineering or other related fields.
- PMP, PMI certificates or experience in project management is helpful for project management interns.
- Solidworks, Catia, CAD software, TOPS/CAPE, ArtiosCAD can all be helpful skills.
- Experience working with design, development and implementation of packaging projects. Preference in the automotive industry or high speed automated lines.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic cross-functional projects with engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and test to meet project timelines.
- Proficient at risk management and communication.
- Experience working in time critical and fast-paced product development.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills necessary.