Facilities & Construction Internship (Fall 2021)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Sparks, NV
- Austin, Texas
- Buffalo, NY
About the Team
Our team is aligned around three pillars - Design, Build and Operate. Focused on optimizing the space we have, finding the best solutions to our immediate term expansion needs, and devising and driving our long-term strategy. All of this under the guiding principle of sustainability.
What to Expect
Depending on your position, you can expect to work on the following:
- Architectural design, interior design, and workplace operations
- Research and Development
- Facility solutions through strategic space planning, design and specification strategies, build outs of new spaces, and continuous improvements of existing spaces
- Design and construction of manufacturing facilities
- 3rd / 4th year student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or 5th year Masters student in the following concentrations: Architectural Design, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Chemical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related fields
- Previous work experience or internships related to the area of expertise.
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and have basic knowledge of ADA and building codes is helpful in some areas