Civil Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
At Stantec, we approach every project we undertake thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We are a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
As an Intern, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to infrastructure projects which may include dams, levees and floodwalls, roadways, landfills, etc. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken civil engineering courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support several exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for design projects
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design, and cross-training
- Performing construction observations, assisting with geotechnical field work, or assisting in a geotechnical lab, as needed
- Complete other engineering/administrative duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take directions.
- Willingness to perform field work as needed is a plus.
Education and Experience
- In progress toward earning a bachelor’s degree (minimum) in civil engineering or related field
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: Planning, design, construction of infrastructure, and construction management, geotechnical engineering
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Job : Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Part-time
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans