Civil Engineer Intern
This 24-week program is a rigorous work and learning experience that provides exposure to the Forest Service, development and training opportunities, and the opportunity to make a lasting impression on generations to come. Participants will gain experience in engineering.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares completed road designs involving drainage structures, base and surfacing analysis, and special structures such as bin walls using basic survey data.
- Plans and develops drawings, and prepares applicable portions of studies and analyses for various design submittals.
- Works with associated engineering and other specialists during the design phase to assist in integrating design features on projects.
- Develops and prepares competitive bidding cost estimates for construction and maintenance projects performed under a contract agreement and hired labor forces throughout the forest.
- Develops construction specifications to ensure the proper use of materials and appropriate application of construction processes.
- Develops specifications to complement and clarify the content and intent of drawings.
Bachelor's in Engineering
Revit, AutoCAD, GIS, graphic design tools
- $1,000/month Housing Stipend
- Allowance available for Forest Service work travel, orientation, trainings, professional development opportunities that align with role and goals
- Direct Hire Authority Eligibility – after completing minimum of 960 hours, DHA status provides special non-competitive hiring status when applying for Forest Service positions.
- Option for health insurance coverage during full-term
*This is a 1099 position. Persons paid on a 1099 basis are independent contractors and are self-employed. Independent contractors are required to pay all self-employment taxes (Social Security & Medicare) as well as income tax. Independent contractors generally do not receive any type of employment benefits from the client. For more information please refer to www.irs.gov or talk with a tax professional.
Questions? Email Jaina Reed at email@example.com