This position is responsible for a variety of software development activities, including the design, development, testing and maintenance of new and existing applications to help the company manage its operational, financial, and planning functions with the aim of continuously improving productivity and profitability. The candidate will understand multiple business domains and apply this domain knowledge to solve complex business problems, design technically sound solutions and systematically test them before deploying them to a production environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PERCENT OF TIME: Weight = 100%
Software Development (50%)
• Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs in one or more programming languages
• Design, build and support integrations using file adapters, database adapters, JMS Queues and other appropriate tools.
• Participate in the full system development lifecycle, which includes requirements definition, system analysis and design, develop, testing and go live support.
• Perform systems analysis and design work, creating appropriate documentation for use in estimating and specifying software development.
• Maintain well-documented procedural instructions to hand-off to team.
• Test services to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
• Create database schemas that represent and support business processes and applications.
Production Support (30%)
• Monitor systems for bugs and performance issues.
• Interact with key stakeholders and business users to elicit constructive feedback and develop business domain knowledge.
• Troubleshoot and solve problems using both analytical and creative techniques.
• Document available workarounds and resolutions and contribute to our knowledge base.
• Perform root cause analysis on recurring issues and propose appropriate solutions.
• Supports other IT team members in their work with end users.
Project Management (10%)
• Contribute to or lead internal projects of various size and complexity.
• Provide regular status updates to your manager regarding workload, project status, priorities, and outstanding issues.
• Facilitate project meetings and collaborative discussions.
Other frequent duties (10%)
• Build your knowledge of the end-to-end system solutions to support cross-functional solutions.
• Work with vendors and third party service providers.
• Follow and enforce system controls in respect to change management and user access.
• Create technical documentation.
• Provide after-hour support as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Experience: One plus year experience with any middleware platform and understanding of service oriented architecture concepts.
Special skills, knowledge, or certifications preferred:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with JDeveloper 12c.
- Experience with Database Adapter.
- Experience with File/FTP Adapters.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Proficiency troubleshooting using console, server logs.
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of SOAP, REST web service protocols.
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture.
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.